The Supercomputing Conference 2014 (SC14;http://sc14.supercomputing.org/) is the highest profile HPC event of the year. It is popular internationally among universities, national laboratories and industry.
The EPSRC network "Driving UK HPC enabled science and innovation through US collaborations" (http://ukusahpc.blogspot.co.uk; @ukusahpc) invite applications, especially from early career researchers, for travel awards to SC14 with the objective of fostering US/UK links. The award will cover flight, conference fees and accommodation up to a limit of £2,500.
Application deadline: Thursday 9th October 17:00 BST and announcements are expected to be made on the 13th of October to allow time for bookings.
The purpose is to stimulate HPC enabled science and innovation through US collaborations. This may include developing collaborations with US research communities and industries, as well as programs such XSEDE, INCITE and Energy Efficient High Performance Computing Working Group.
Applications are limited to two pages with 12pt font consisting of:
- Objectives at SC14, e.g. networking, collaboration training.
- Any existing collaborations with US researchers/organizations.
- Provide details of any meetings with US researchers/organizations that you will arrange.
- Plans to disseminate your experience to the wider community, e.g. via social media.
- Statement of expected sustained impact on applicant’s ongoing research or the UK research community.
- Applicant’s track record.
Applications should be submitted as a PDF by email to Gerard Gorman <firstname.lastname@example.org> before Thursday 9th October 17:00 BST.
Applications will be accessed by a technical committee comprised of members of the academic community, UK HPC laboratories and industry.
Successful applicants will be notified by the 13th of October.